If you’re trying to watch myTV Super in the US, the Hong Kong based streaming service won’t work. This is because myTV Super doesn’t have the rights to broadcast its content in the US.
This can be frustrating however, there’s a simple way to get around this issue. All you need is a reliable VPN.
This article will explain how to watch myTV Super in the US, using a reliable VPN.
- How to watch myTV Super in the UK: The EASY way! (May 2022)
- How to watch BBC iPlayer in Hong Kong: The EASY way! (May 2022)
How to watch myTV Super in the US: Quick guide
To watch myTV Super in the US, you need to make the streaming service think you’re accessing it from within Hong Kong.
To do that you need a VPN.
Follow the simple steps below to get one:
Why can’t I watch myTV Super in the US?
myTV Super isn’t “officially” supported in the US. It’s a Hong Kong based streaming service that is only available in Hong Kong.
If you try to access myTV Super in the US you’ll come across errors saying you need to be in Hong Kong to use this streaming service or it’s unavailable in your region.
You’re running into these errors because myTV Super does not have the rights to broadcast its content in the US.
If it broadcast its content in the US it could face financial penalties for breaching the copyright and licensing agreements it has with its content partners. myTV Super obviously doesn’t want this to happen so it blocks anyone outside of Hong Kong from accessing its content.
The streaming service blocks you by scanning your IP address when you connect to its service. Your IP address is used to communicate between your device and myTV Super and it contains information about your location.
When myTV Super scans your IP it can see where you’re located, and if you’re outside of Hong Kong, it will block your connection.
How can I get around myTV Super’s blocks?
The way to get around these blocks is to change your IP address to a Hong Kong one. This way, myTV Super will think you’re inside its broadcast zone and its content will be available for you.
The best way to get a Hong Kong IP address is using a reliable VPN. VPNs make the process easy and the best VPNs will allow you to watch myTV Super in the US reliably.
How does a VPN work?
VPNs are very good at allowing you to watch myTV Super in the US because they give you an anonymous internet connection and they allow you to spoof your IP address.
VPNs encrypt all your online data into an unreadable code. This encryption process provides you with an anonymous internet connection so myTV Super can’t determine your location.
Once that data is encrypted the VPN will reroute it through its own servers. Once it reaches this server it’s decrypted and sent to a local internet service provider in a country of your choosing. (In this case, Hong Kong)
This will allow you to trick myTV Super into thinking you’re in Hong Kong. And it will allow you to watch myTV Super in the US.
Will any VPN work with myTV Super?
Because VPNs are a well-known way to watch myTV Super outside its broadcast zone, the streaming service tries to block VPNs from connecting to its service.
It cannot block a VPN completely however it can block the IP addresses the VPN provides.
It does this using three main techniques:
- The most common technique is to do with the IP addresses that your VPN can provide. VPN providers have more customers than IP addresses; this means that customers are forced to share the same IP addresses. Usually, only a household with a few devices uses the same IP address. When myTV Super sees hundreds or even thousands of connections coming through on the same IP address, it knows that it is a VPN and it blocks it.
- myTV Super monitors for IP, DNS and WebRTC leaks that can tip the service off you are using a VPN.
- myTV Super teams up with GeoIP databases like Maxmind to identify IP addresses. If the IP address your VPN provides is on one of these databases, myTV Super will be able to find out where in the world you are connecting to the internet from and it will block you.
For free VPNs, these methods are difficult to get around.
The good news is, the best VPNs are able to get around these blocking techniques. When myTV Super blocks an IP address provided by a VPN, NordVPN ($3.49/month) or Ivacy ($1.33/month) will close that IP address and open a new one. This keeps them one step ahead of myTV Super and most importantly it allows you to watch myTV Super in the US reliably.
The best VPNs to watch myTV Super in the US
The BEST VPN of 2022Number of servers: 5,000+ | Speeds: >80% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 62 countries | Devices supported: 6 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes NordVPN is the most widely-used VPN in the world. And its easy to see why. It’s a polished app that delivers fast connections (more on this later) to a massive network of VPN servers. It’s the most reliable at unblocking popular streaming services too – US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. This is because NordVPN hired full-time technical team (that’s responsible for monitoring its servers connections with popular TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in key locations. Another interesting thing to note is that NordVPN is an industry leader in its development of Nordlynx technology. Nordlynx is built using the WireGuard, a new VPN tunnelling protocol designed to outperform current standards (OpenVPN and IPSec). The benefits, according to NordVPN, are dramatically faster transfer speeds while connected to a VPN. My tests – New Zealand to London – confirm that Nordlynx is currently the fastest VPN on the market. However, the difference isn’t dramatic, a few Mbps is all.
SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE 70%!
(30-day money-back guarantee
The BEST low-cost VPNNumber of servers: 1,000+ | Speed: >65% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 275 in 100 countries | Devices supported: 5 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes If you’re looking for an excellent VPN, with an even better price tag, Ivacy ($1.16/month) is a great option. This VPN has all the features you need to stream BBC iPlayer, in HD, from any country in the world. I’ve been testing the app recently on Mac, PC, Android, iOS and FireStick and the results have been impressive – unlocking BBC iPlayer, US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. with ease. The Ivacy app is a little different in regards to its UX (user experience). Instead of just selecting a UK server, you need to select the specific BBC iPlayer server. Don’t worry, this isn’t a bad thing – by connecting to a dedicated BBC iPlayer server, it simply means that you’re connecting to an IP address that Ivacy knows works with BBC iPlayer. For an extra $1.99/month (£1.74) you can add-on a dedicated IP. This will buy you sole access to an IP address in a country of your choice, meaning you won’t have to share your IP (and speeds) with any other use. I don’t recommend this though, using the regular Ivacy servers is enough 95 per cent of the time.
7-DAY TRIAL – $0.99
(30-day money-back guarantee)
A very reliable and fast VPNNumber of servers: 3,000+ | Speed: >80% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 160 in 94 countries | Devices supported: 5 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes ExpressVPN is still one of the best VPNs you can buy. However, we’ve got it ranked in the number three spot for a couple of reasons. First of all, it’s the most expensive VPN on the market. This was understandable when it was also the fastest and most reliable VPN too. But now it’s not. NordVPN is. ExpressVPN has recently been struggling to unblock some big streaming sites – BBC iPlayer and BeIN Sports – too. And importantly, it ALWAYS has servers that are open with major streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video etc. ExpressVPN is usually very good at playing Cat and Mouse with online streaming sites (apart from BBC iPlayer). Meaning, whenever one of its servers is blacklisted it creates a new one – giving its users a constant stream of servers that aren’t blocked. Needless to say, this is a valuable attribute if you’re looking for a VPN to unblock streaming sites. Its app is easy-to-use and free to download on pretty much any device you can think of. Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, FireStick, Android TV, Roku, PS4, Xbox, Linux, even Apple TV (with a workaround). It’s got it all covered. The app is another main reason this VPN is so good at unblocking TV streaming sites (that claim they block VPNs) is that its software takes a pragmatic approach to user management. While other VPNs tempt customers by promising them access to hundreds/thousands of servers in multiple countries, ExpressVPN does things differently. With ExpressVPN you only have a handful of server locations to choose from. Once you select your location the app takes care of the rest. Assigning you to the fastest available server that’s not oversubscribed. This simple technique is so important, as it keeps ExpressVPN’s servers operating at lightning-fast speeds and prevent its IPs from getting blacklisted for “abnormal” usage in the first place.
SPECIAL OFFER – 3-MONTHS FREE!
(30-day money-back guarantee)
SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE 82%!
(30-day money-back guarantee)
5. CyberGhostNumber of servers: 6,000+ | Speeds: >65% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 200 in 90 countries | Devices supported: 7 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes CyberGhost is one of the more established VPNs on the market. It has a well-established, and well-tested global network of servers that perform well. From my tests over the past several months, CyberGhost has no trouble at unblocking major streaming services – US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max etc. This VPN performed well at maintaining download speeds, well above 65 per cent of my regular (non VPN) ISP speed. That said, there’s nothing really unique about the service. Which forces you to look at its price-point. And there’s nothing special here. Its short-term $12.99/month price tag puts is well above the industry average of $10.10/month. Similarly, its long-term $2.75/month for 3 years deal isn’t much of a “deal” either. Oddly, CyberGhost’s most unique feature is its a 1-day, no obligations, free trial. This is an appealing offer to customers who are new to VPNs. However, it’s important to remember that most reputable VPNs will offer customers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so try not to be too seduced by the offer.
SPECIAL OFFER – 1-DAY FREE TRIAL
(30-day money-back guarantee)