Space Jam: A New Legacy is just around the corner, and while yes, you’ll probably be able to watch the film at the cinema eventually, there’s a way you can watch it from the comfort of your own home on the same day its released in the US.
A New Legacy is streaming on HBO Max for United States customers. Disappointingly, HBO Max is only “officially” available in the US. However, there’s an easy way to use the streaming service anywhere in the world.
All you need is a US IP address.
In this article, I’ll explain how you can get a US IP address and how to watch Space Jam A New Legacy outside the US from the comfort of your home.
- How to watch Love Island UK in NZ: NEW episodes the SAME day as the UK! (July 2021)
- How to watch FuboTV outside the US: It’s EASY! (July 2021)
- BBC iPlayer not working with VPN? Here’s how I FIXED that!
How to watch Space Jam A New Legacy outside the US Quick Guide:
The easiest and most reliable way to get a US IP address is with a reliable VPN.
Follow these simple steps to get a VPN and watch Space Jam: A New Legacy outside the US:
Total Time: 3 minutes
How to create an HBO Max account outside the US:
Because HBO Max is a US-based streaming service, you’ll run into errors when trying to connect to the service if you’re outside of the US.
After downloading ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) or NordVPN ($3.49/month), you’ll no longer run into the “HBO Max is not available in your region” error. However, recently HBO Max has started using a second layer of security by only allowing payments for an HBO Max subscription from a US credit card or PayPal account. There are a few ways you can get around this:
- You can ask a friend or family member in the US to create an HBO Max account for you
- You can use an American Express credit card
- You can purchase an HBO Max gift card from mygiftcardsupply.com and create an account from anywhere in the world. (Mygiftcardsupply is a trusted and reliable website where you can purchase a variety of gift cards from anywhere in the world.)
The first two options aren’t eligible for most people. The easiest way to create an HBO Max account in NZ is using gift cards. Follow these steps below to create an HBO Max account using gift cards in NZ.
- Go to mygiftcardsupply.com
- Search for HBO Max cards
- Choose between a USD$25, USD$30, USD$50 gift card (note that standard HBO Max costs USD$14.99/month)
- Select if you want to make a one-off purchase or a repeat purchase every few months
- Proceed to checkout and confirm your purchase with your email address
- You’ll receive an email with a link. Click on that link, and that will give you access to your HBO Max gift card
- Connect to a US server on ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) or NordVPN ($3.49/month)
- Create an account at www.hbomax.com
- Go to HBONOW.com/gift and enter the 10 or 12 digit code from the back of your gift card.
- Choose your State or Territory, enter your ZIP Code (you can do this by googling) and then choose Continue.
- Click I have an account: Choose the Sign in link. Enter your account email and password. Then, choose Sign In and Redeem
- Return to www.hbomax.com
- Enjoy watching Space Jam: A New Legacy outside the US
Why can’t I watch HBO Max outside the US?
HBO Max is a US-based streaming service that’s only available for US customers.
If you try and access the streaming service from outside the US, HBO Max will block your connection.
It does this because you’re outside of its broadcast zone. HBO has copyright and licensing agreements that it must abide by. These agreements only allow it to broadcast its content in the US.
If HBO breached these agreements, it could face severe repercussions. To prevent that from happening, it stops anyone outside of the US from accessing its content.
How can I get around HBO’s geo-blocks?
To get around these blocks, you need to fool HBO Max into thinking you’re accessing its service from within the US. To do this, you need a US IP address.
Whenever you connect to HBO Max, it scans your IP address. A unique IP address is allocated to your device whenever you go online. It’s used to communicate between the website or app you’re going to and your device.
In order for this communication to work, your IP contains information about your physical location. When HBO Max scans your IP, it’s looking for this information, and if it finds you aren’t in the US, it will block your connection.
If you have a US IP address, the streaming service will think you’re in its broadcast zone, and you won’t run into errors when trying to watch Space Jam: A New Legacy.
Will any VPN work?
If you want to watch HBO Max reliably, you’ll need a VPN with measures to get around HBO Max’s VPN blocking techniques.
Yes, HBO tries to block VPNs. It does this because they’re well-known ways of watching the streaming service outside of its broadcast zone.
These blocks work by identifying the IP addresses a VPN provides, and they can be an issue for lesser VPNs. They can be hard to get around, and if the VPN doesn’t have measures in place to stay one step ahead of HBO Max, it won’t work with the streaming service, and this could result in you wasting money on a subscription for a VPN that’s not going to work.
The best VPNs, ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) or NordVPN ($3.49/month), have measures in place to get around these blocks. When HBO identifies and blocks an IP address provided by ExpressVPN ($6.67/month) or NordVPN ($3.49/month), they’ll close that IP address and open a new one. This simple process will allow you to watch HBO Max reliably outside the US, and it means you won’t have any issues when trying to stream Space Jam: A New Legacy on its release date.
The best VPNs to watch Space Jam: A New Legacy outside the US
The fastest and MOST reliable VPN of 2022Number of servers: 3,000+ | Speed: >80% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 160 in 94 countries | Devices supported: 5 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes ExpressVPN is still the best VPN. And importantly, it ALWAYS has servers that are open with major streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video etc. ExpressVPN is usually very good at playing Cat and Mouse with online streaming sites (apart from BBC iPlayer). Meaning, whenever one of its servers is blacklisted it creates a new one – giving its users a constant stream of servers that aren’t blocked. Needless to say, this is a valuable attribute if you’re looking for a VPN to unblock streaming sites. Its app is easy-to-use and free to download on pretty much any device you can think of. Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, FireStick, Android TV, Roku, PS4, Xbox, Linux, even Apple TV (with a workaround). It’s got it all covered. The app is another main reason this VPN is so good at unblocking TV streaming sites (that claim they block VPNs) is that its software takes a pragmatic approach to user management. While other VPNs tempt customers by promising them access to hundreds/thousands of servers in multiple countries, ExpressVPN does things differently. With ExpressVPN you only have a handful of server locations to choose from. Once you select your location the app takes care of the rest. Assigning you to the fastest available server that’s not oversubscribed. This simple technique is so important, as it keeps ExpressVPN’s servers operating at lightning-fast speeds and prevent its IPs from getting blacklisted for “abnormal” usage in the first place.
SPECIAL OFFER – 3-MONTHS FREE!
(30-day money-back guarantee)
A very quick and trustworthy VPNNumber of servers: 5,000+ | Speeds: >80% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 62 countries | Devices supported: 6 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes NordVPN is the most widely-used VPN in the world. And its easy to see why. It’s a polished app that delivers fast connections (more on this later) to a massive network of VPN servers. It’s the most reliable at unblocking popular streaming services too – US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. This is because NordVPN hired full-time technical team (that’s responsible for monitoring its servers connections with popular TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in key locations. Another interesting thing to note is that NordVPN is an industry leader in its development of Nordlynx technology. Nordlynx is built using the WireGuard, a new VPN tunnelling protocol designed to outperform current standards (OpenVPN and IPSec). The benefits, according to NordVPN, are dramatically faster transfer speeds while connected to a VPN. My tests – New Zealand to London – confirm that Nordlynx is currently the fastest VPN on the market. However, the difference isn’t dramatic, a few Mbps is all.
SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE 70%!
(30-day money-back guarantee
The great low-cost VPN optionNumber of servers: 1,000+ | Speed: >65% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 275 in 100 countries | Devices supported: 5 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes If you’re looking for an excellent VPN, with an even better price tag, Ivacy ($1.16/month) is a great option. This VPN has all the features you need to stream BBC iPlayer, in HD, from any country in the world. I’ve been testing the app recently on Mac, PC, Android, iOS and FireStick and the results have been impressive – unlocking BBC iPlayer, US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. with ease. The Ivacy app is a little different in regards to its UX (user experience). Instead of just selecting a UK server, you need to select the specific BBC iPlayer server. Don’t worry, this isn’t a bad thing – by connecting to a dedicated BBC iPlayer server, it simply means that you’re connecting to an IP address that Ivacy knows works with BBC iPlayer. For an extra $1.99/month (£1.74) you can add-on a dedicated IP. This will buy you sole access to an IP address in a country of your choice, meaning you won’t have to share your IP (and speeds) with any other use. I don’t recommend this though, using the regular Ivacy servers is enough 95 per cent of the time.
7-DAY TRIAL – $0.99
(30-day money-back guarantee)
SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE 82%!
(30-day money-back guarantee)
5. CyberGhostNumber of servers: 6,000+ | Speeds: >65% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 200 in 90 countries | Devices supported: 7 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes CyberGhost is one of the more established VPNs on the market. It has a well-established, and well-tested global network of servers that perform well. From my tests over the past several months, CyberGhost has no trouble at unblocking major streaming services – US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max etc. This VPN performed well at maintaining download speeds, well above 65 per cent of my regular (non VPN) ISP speed. That said, there’s nothing really unique about the service. Which forces you to look at its price-point. And there’s nothing special here. Its short-term $12.99/month price tag puts is well above the industry average of $10.10/month. Similarly, its long-term $2.75/month for 3 years deal isn’t much of a “deal” either. Oddly, CyberGhost’s most unique feature is its a 1-day, no obligations, free trial. This is an appealing offer to customers who are new to VPNs. However, it’s important to remember that most reputable VPNs will offer customers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so try not to be too seduced by the offer.
SPECIAL OFFER – 1-DAY FREE TRIAL
(30-day money-back guarantee)