If you want to watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV outside the UK, you need a have a UK Apple ID registered on your Apple TV (so you can download the official BBC iPlayer app)
Fortunately, Apple TV allows you to have multiple users registered to your device at the same time (I have accounts from the UK, US and New Zealand registered on mine).
- To add a UK account to your Apple TV the first thing you need to do is create a UK Apple Account. This is completely free and takes two mins to set up.
- After you’ve created a UK account, you need to turn on your Apple TV and navigate to Settings > Users and Accounts > Add New User.
- Select Continue, then select Enter New.
- Enter your UK iTunes Apple ID and password and click Sign In.
- You’ll now be able to switch between accounts by pressing and holding the Apple TV App/Home button.
- Select your UK account and open the App Store. You’ll now be able to download BBC iPlayer for free.