Apple today launched Fitness+. This is Apple’s new fitness subscription service (think Pelaton or Les Mills On Demand) and it’s designed to work seamlessly with your Apple Watch (think heart rate, Vo2 MaX, etc.) and broadcast workouts to follow on other Apple Devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac).
Apple says everyone from beginners to committed exercisers can access studio-style workouts delivered by inspiring world-class trainers and underscored by motivating music from renowned artists, making it easier and more rewarding for customers to exercise, whenever and wherever they like.
“We’re so excited to energise our customers with new ways to get active and stay active with Apple Watch,” said Jay Blahnik, Apple’s senior director of fitness for Health Technologies. “With diverse studio workouts that are suitable for all ability levels, led by a phenomenal group of unique trainers, and an approachable program designed for beginners all the way through to the fitness enthusiast — as well as the flexibility to work out anywhere — there’s something for everyone. We know Fitness+ will take working out with Apple Watch to the next level with unparalleled engagement, convenience, and inspiration.”
Fitness+ Price and release date NZ
- At launch, Apple Fitness+ will be available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the US.
- Fitness+ will be available to Apple Watch customers as a subscription service before the end of 2020 for NZ$16.99 inc. GST per month or NZ$139.99 inc. GST per year. Everyone can try Fitness+ free for one month.
- Customers will be able to share their Fitness+ subscription with up to five other people in their family with Family Sharing (Apple Watch Series 3 or later required).
- Three months of Apple Fitness+ are included for customers who purchase Apple Watch Series 3 or later, starting 15 September 2020. This extended trial is available for a limited time.
- Fitness+ requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later paired with iPhone 6s or later or iPhone SE.
- For usage with iPad, Fitness+ requires iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad mini 4 or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Air (3rd generation). Fitness+ is supported on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
- Apple Music subscription is not required.
- Specific software requirements for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV will be shared ahead of availability and will be compatible with devices listed.