If you’ve bought a dedicated IP address from PureVPN and you will have noticed that some features from the Desktop app are missing from the Android app. Here we show you how to setup PureVPN’s Dedicated IP on Android.
Buying a Dedicated IP from Pure VPN is a great way to watch BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, or listen to BBC iPlayer Radio when you’re not in the UK. However, it’s not easy to set up on Android as it is on your Desktop App.
Don’t worry though, follow the steps below and you’ll be able to access your dedicated IP from your Android smartphone or tablet in a couple of minutes. All you need is your login information and Hostname. This information will have been sent to your in your welcome email (search “PureVPN” in your inbox to locate).
Follow these steps below and dedicated hostname in the server address box.
How to set up PureVPN’s Dedicated IP on Android
- Go to Settings on your Android
- Tap on VPN
- Insert Name: PureVPN Dedicated IP
- Type: Select L2TP/IPSec PSK from drop down menu
- Type server address:
- IPSec pre-shared key: 12345678
- Tap on Save
- Tap on PureVPN L2TP
- Insert Username and Password provided by PureVPN
- Select “Save account information” and tap on Connect
- You will now be connected to your PureVPN dedicated IP
Read next: How to watch BT Sport abroad (2018)