By downloading Live NetTV for Android, you can stream hundreds of TV channels for free. If you sign up for a Live NetTV VPN, you can use the app without anybody spying on you. But is Live NetTV legal? And is Live NetTV safe? Scroll through our expert guide for the answers you’re looking for.
If you like the idea of streaming TV channels from around the world right on your smartphone or tablet, the Live NetTV app may have caught your eye. To keep you safe while you’re using it, we recommend buying a trusted VPN compatible with Live NetTV.
Below, we run through the key features of Live NetTV. We’ve also got the details on the best VPNs for Live NetTV – they’ll keep you anonymous while you’re using the app to stream TV shows.
What is Live NetTV?
Live NetTV is a free-to-download smartphone app that lets you watch live TV channels. It currently offers over 800 different channels across a range of categories, including sports, entertainment, news, movies, documentary and kids.
Depending on your internet connection, you can choose to stream content through Live NetTV in SD or HD quality. Channels can be picked based on where you’re viewing from or your personal interests.
To download Live NetTV on Android smartphones and tablets, you’ll need to grab the .APK file on the Live NetTV website. You don’t need root access to use it.
How to download Live NetTV
- Download the Live NetTV .APK file to your Android smartphone or tablet
- When the download is completed, tap install
- If your device won’t allow apps from ‘unknown sources’, head to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > enable
- Tap on the Live NetTV app icon and get started
Live NetTV: key features
- Hundreds of live channels – Live NetTV currently offers up access to over 800 different channels, so you’ll have plenty of choice.
- Regular updates – the list of channels available through Live NetTV are updated on a daily basis
- Free access – through Live NetTV, you’re able to watch content without a paid subscription
- Requests – Live NetTV users are free to make requests to the service on channels they’d like to see added to the free-to-download app
- Chromecast support – built-in support for Google’s streaming stick means you’ll be able to use the app through your smart TV
Is Live NetTV Legal?
The Live NetTV Android app is legal as long as you’re using it to stream copyright-free streams. If you’re using the mobile app to access copyrighted content, that’s illegal. Most of the time.
This TV streaming app works in a similar way to Kodi. By that, we mean that the app provides streams to live TV channels, but it’s not hosting them itself. In other words, using Live NetTV is fine, but using it to access an illegal stream is not. You’ll need to be careful about which channels you’re using.
If you want to use Live NetTV anonymously without ISPs keeping an eye on you, you’ll need to sign up for a VPN. The best VPNs offer super-secure servers across the globe, with each one capable of keeping your personal information hidden.
Popular Live NetTV VPNs include:
- NordVPN ($3.99/month)
- Ivacy ($2.49/month)
- ExpressVPN ($6.66/month)
- Private Internet Access ($2.85/month)
Is Live NetTV safe?
You shouldn’t have any worries using the Live NetTV app to stream legal content. But note that unlike ‘normal’ Android apps, Live NetTV isn’t available for download directly through the Google Play Store. As a result, it’s not protected by the Google Play Store either.
As we mentioned above, you’ll likely have to configure your Android device to run .APK files from ‘unknown sources’ to open Live NetTV for the first time. Doing so technically leaves your device open to attacks from harmful .APK files, but if you’re careful about what you’re downloading, you shouldn’t have any issues.
Live NetTV is safe, provided you download it from the official website. If you download Live NetTV from a third-party website, you’re putting your Android device (and personal information) at risk.
How to watch Live NetTV safely?
The best (and most secure way) of using Live NetTV is with one of our recommended VPNs. With a VPN (Virtual Private Network), you can use the app anonymously, so nobody will know which streams you’re selecting.
You don’t need to spend loads of money on a VPN, either. In fact, the cheapest VPN in our list is on offer at just $2.49/month. That’s a very small price to pay for safety, security and peace of mind.
Below, we’ve rounded up the very best Live NetTV VPNs. Find out more on ExpressVPN, NordVPN and Ivacy.
The best VPNs for Live NetTV
The BEST VPN of 2022Number of servers: 5,000+ | Speeds: >80% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 62 countries | Devices supported: 6 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes NordVPN is the most widely-used VPN in the world. And its easy to see why. It’s a polished app that delivers fast connections (more on this later) to a massive network of VPN servers. It’s the most reliable at unblocking popular streaming services too – US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. This is because NordVPN hired full-time technical team (that’s responsible for monitoring its servers connections with popular TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in key locations. Another interesting thing to note is that NordVPN is an industry leader in its development of Nordlynx technology. Nordlynx is built using the WireGuard, a new VPN tunnelling protocol designed to outperform current standards (OpenVPN and IPSec). The benefits, according to NordVPN, are dramatically faster transfer speeds while connected to a VPN. My tests – New Zealand to London – confirm that Nordlynx is currently the fastest VPN on the market. However, the difference isn’t dramatic, a few Mbps is all.
SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE 70%!
(30-day money-back guarantee
The BEST low-cost VPNNumber of servers: 1,000+ | Speed: >65% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 275 in 100 countries | Devices supported: 5 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes If you’re looking for an excellent VPN, with an even better price tag, Ivacy ($1.16/month) is a great option. This VPN has all the features you need to stream BBC iPlayer, in HD, from any country in the world. I’ve been testing the app recently on Mac, PC, Android, iOS and FireStick and the results have been impressive – unlocking BBC iPlayer, US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. with ease. The Ivacy app is a little different in regards to its UX (user experience). Instead of just selecting a UK server, you need to select the specific BBC iPlayer server. Don’t worry, this isn’t a bad thing – by connecting to a dedicated BBC iPlayer server, it simply means that you’re connecting to an IP address that Ivacy knows works with BBC iPlayer. For an extra $1.99/month (£1.74) you can add-on a dedicated IP. This will buy you sole access to an IP address in a country of your choice, meaning you won’t have to share your IP (and speeds) with any other use. I don’t recommend this though, using the regular Ivacy servers is enough 95 per cent of the time.
7-DAY TRIAL – $0.99
(30-day money-back guarantee)
A very reliable and fast VPNNumber of servers: 3,000+ | Speed: >80% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 160 in 94 countries | Devices supported: 5 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes ExpressVPN is still one of the best VPNs you can buy. However, we’ve got it ranked in the number three spot for a couple of reasons. First of all, it’s the most expensive VPN on the market. This was understandable when it was also the fastest and most reliable VPN too. But now it’s not. NordVPN is. ExpressVPN has recently been struggling to unblock some big streaming sites – BBC iPlayer and BeIN Sports – too. And importantly, it ALWAYS has servers that are open with major streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video etc. ExpressVPN is usually very good at playing Cat and Mouse with online streaming sites (apart from BBC iPlayer). Meaning, whenever one of its servers is blacklisted it creates a new one – giving its users a constant stream of servers that aren’t blocked. Needless to say, this is a valuable attribute if you’re looking for a VPN to unblock streaming sites. Its app is easy-to-use and free to download on pretty much any device you can think of. Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, FireStick, Android TV, Roku, PS4, Xbox, Linux, even Apple TV (with a workaround). It’s got it all covered. The app is another main reason this VPN is so good at unblocking TV streaming sites (that claim they block VPNs) is that its software takes a pragmatic approach to user management. While other VPNs tempt customers by promising them access to hundreds/thousands of servers in multiple countries, ExpressVPN does things differently. With ExpressVPN you only have a handful of server locations to choose from. Once you select your location the app takes care of the rest. Assigning you to the fastest available server that’s not oversubscribed. This simple technique is so important, as it keeps ExpressVPN’s servers operating at lightning-fast speeds and prevent its IPs from getting blacklisted for “abnormal” usage in the first place.
SPECIAL OFFER – 3-MONTHS FREE!
(30-day money-back guarantee)
SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE 82%!
(30-day money-back guarantee)
5. CyberGhostNumber of servers: 6,000+ | Speeds: >65% | Bandwidth: Unlimited | IP locations: 200 in 90 countries | Devices supported: 7 | Live chat: Yes | 30-day money-back guarantee: Yes CyberGhost is one of the more established VPNs on the market. It has a well-established, and well-tested global network of servers that perform well. From my tests over the past several months, CyberGhost has no trouble at unblocking major streaming services – US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max etc. This VPN performed well at maintaining download speeds, well above 65 per cent of my regular (non VPN) ISP speed. That said, there’s nothing really unique about the service. Which forces you to look at its price-point. And there’s nothing special here. Its short-term $12.99/month price tag puts is well above the industry average of $10.10/month. Similarly, its long-term $2.75/month for 3 years deal isn’t much of a “deal” either. Oddly, CyberGhost’s most unique feature is its a 1-day, no obligations, free trial. This is an appealing offer to customers who are new to VPNs. However, it’s important to remember that most reputable VPNs will offer customers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so try not to be too seduced by the offer.
SPECIAL OFFER – 1-DAY FREE TRIAL
(30-day money-back guarantee)
Read next: The best VPNs for smart TVs