Migrating from an iPhone to Android smartphone has improved a lot easier in recent years. Users can back up nearly all the content they need to Google Drive from their iPhone and easily restore it on their new Android. Moving messages (images and videos too) from WhatsApp from iOS to Android is one of the few remaining problems. But don’t worry. Here we show you how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Time: 5-10 minutes.
Transfering WhatsApp messages and media from iPhone to Android is a lot more difficult than it needs to be. Your messages, photos and videos are actually stored on your phone rather than in the cloud like Facebook Messenger. This is a problem as the coding languages of the Apple and Android OS’s are like apples and oranges. Pun intended. Meaning you can’t just drag and drop messages and media from your iPhone’s WhatsApp iPhone folder to your new Android Whatsapp folder.
To transfer WhatsApp messages, photos and videos, you’ll need to convert the content into a format that works with Android. There are several different pieces of software that you can use to do this. None of them are free, unfortunately. But the best is dr.fone. You don’t need to buy the full dr.fone suit ($99) although it is very powerful and makes managing your phone a lot easier. For this tutorial, you just need the “dr.fone – Backup&Restore (iOS) $19.99” package.
Using dr.fone is the fastest, safest and easiest way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. Below we’ll take you through the steps involved.
How to transfer WhatsApp messages, photos and videos from iPhone to Android
- Go to the Wondershare.com and buy “dr.fone – Transfer iOS software ($39.95)”
- Download, install and open the dr.fone application
- Connect iPhone to your computer. You will see Trust this computer? pop up. If so, select Trust when prompted.
- From the Backup & Restore screen select WhatsApp Backup & Restore from the left-hand panel
- Select Transfer WhatsApp messages
- Now connect your Android phone
- Follow the on-screen instructions to allow USB Debugging (and check the “Always allow from this computer” option)
- Click Transfer
- That it. The software does the rest.
Note: The time dr.fone needs to complete this task will depend on several factors. Most important is the file size of the transfer. If you’re transferring a chat history that includes lots of images and videos, it will take a lot longer. The transfer speed also depends on the quality of your computer, iPhone and Android devices. As well as the transfer speed of the cables and USB ports you’re using.
Video: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android