How to stream the 2018 European Championships online?
Following the 2018 European Championships is easy. The majority of major events will be free-to-air and broadcast on the BBC. Eurosport will also provide live coverage of the Games. This means you can watch Clare Balding host the games for free via your TV – alternatively, you can watch the games live or via catchup on BBC iPlayer.
How to stream the 2018 European Championships from overseas (outside of the UK)?
If you’re not in the UK, things are a little more complicated. BBC iPlayer is only available to internet connections coming from a UK IP address. This means you won’t be able to stream the European Championship from your phone, laptop or smart TV while abroad (without using a VPN) even if you pay for a TV License in the UK.
If you are abroad and you want to watch the 2018 European Championships you need a VPN. Using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) lets you spoof your location to anywhere in the world.
NordVPN (£2.04/month) is the best VPN you can use for streaming BBC iPlayer abroad. It’s fast, secure and affordable. More importantly, it’s one of the only VPNs that is beating the BBC’s VPN ban. Take a look at our BBC detecting VPN article to find out more.
NordVPN has 558+ servers in the UK. And a dedicated technical team that monitors its server’s connections with BBC iPlayer (and US Netflix). There’s also a 24/7 live chat feature available on the website, where you can get free support if you run into any problems.
Where is the 2018 European Championships hosted?
The games are split between two cities. Berlin and Glasgow. Berlin is hosting all the traditional athletics events. Glasow will host all other events.
What sports are on at the 2018 European Championships?
Athletics; Aquatics; Swimming; Diving; Synchronised swimming; Open-water swimming; Track Cycling; Road Cycling; Mounting Bike; BMX; Golf; Gymnastics; Rowing; Triathlon
European Championships schedule
- Thursday 2nd August: Track Cycling; Women’s Artistic Gymnastics; Rowing
- Friday 3rd August: Swimming; Synchronised Swimming; Track cycling; Rowing
- Saturday 4th August: Swimming; Synchronised Swimming; Track Cycling; Women’s Artistic Gymnastics; Rowing
- Sunday 5th August: Swimming; Synchronised Swimming; Track Cycling; Road Cycling; Women’s Artistic Gymnastics; Rowing
- Monday 6th August: Athletics; Swimming; Diving; Synchronized Swimming; Track Cycling
- Tuesday 7th August: Athletics; Swimming; Diving; Synchronised Swimming; Track Cycling; Mountain Biking
- Wednesday 8th August: Athletics; Swimming; Diving; Open Water Swimming; Road Cycling; Golf
- Thursday 9th August: Athletics; Swimming; Diving; Open Water Swimming; Golf; Men’s Artistic Gymnastics; Triathlon
- Friday 10th August: Athletics; Diving; BMX; Golf; Triathlon
- Saturday 11th August: Athletics; Diving; Open Water Swimming; BMX; Golf; Men’s Artistic Gymnastics; Triathlon
- Sunday 12th August: Athletics; Diving; Open Water Swimming; Road Cycling; Golf; Men’s Artistic Gymnastics
- Click here to see a full event schedule including times and venues.